To Create a Purchase Transaction following fields are compulsory
|1||Voucher Type||Select the Voucher Type as Purchase|
|2||Date||Key in the date you want this voucher entry to reflect in your books|
|3||Voucher Number||Manual/Auto as configured in the Voucher Master|
|4||Reference No||Enter the bill no.|
|5||Reference Date||Enter the bill date|
|6||Purchase Ledger||Select the purchase account to be Debited|
|7||Party Name||Select the Creditor to be Credited for Purchase|
|8||Godown||Select the Godown in the which the Purchase is being made|
|9||Item Name||Select the Item which is being Purchased. Note: If the Item name has not been created, you can create it by keeping the focus in the item box and press CLTR+C|
|10||Rate||Type the Rate of Each item Purchased|
|11||Quantity||Type the Quantity of Purchase|
To Create a Purchase Transaction following field are optional
|1||Tax Type||Select the Tax Type from the Options Given|
|2||Broker||Type the Broker's Name if Any|
|3||L.C.Number & Date||Type the Letter of cRedit Number and Date|
|4||Reference No.||Type the Purchase Invoice Number|
|5||Reference Date||Type the Purchase Invoice Date,If nothing Default Voucher Date|
|Accounts||Enter the Accounting entry for the purchase made.example Frieght,Discount received etc|
Create a Purchase Transaction
- Navigate to Transaction Menu , Inventory and Purchases. Short key: [`+p].
- Fill in the Fields as described above and Save (Ctrl + s).
Access a purchase transaction
- Ledger Report: Via the Purchase Ledger or the Party Ledger from whom the purchase had been made
- Day Book: Get the list of all transactions for a certain date range. Select the transaction and open to edit
- Purchase Sale Register: List of all Purchases and Sales for a given period. Open the Ledger Report of the Party to whom the Purchase was made .
Edit a Transaction
The Edit screen of a Purchase transaction can be accessed from multiple reports as described above. The Ledger Report, Day Book and Purchase Sale Register all list out the entries. From the list of entries, select the entry and hit Enter or click on the entry you want to Edit.
Once you have opened the transaction in Edit Mode, make the necessary changes, then click Save (Ctrl + s).
Delete a Transaction
Once the transaction has been opened in Edit mode, Select Option (top right) and Select Delete Voucher. Short key: Alt+o, then Ctrl + d
Search/View a Transaction
The View screen of a Purchase transaction can be accessed from multiple reports as described above. The Ledger Report, Day Book and Purchase Sale Register all list out the entries. From the list of entries, select the entry and hit ‘v’ from your keyboard and the entry shall open in view (non editable) mode
Purchased 500 tonnes of Alumunium Ingots for Rs.7500 per tonnes.
- Select the Purchase Ledger as Purchase (Raw Material) and Party Ledger.
- Filter the Date.
- Select the Tax type (optional).
- Filter the Reference Date (optional).
- Select the voucher type as Purchase.
- Select the Godown and Item as Alumunium
- Fill in the Quantity and Rate
- Press Enter to Add more rows for additional items purchased.
Record any accounting expense effecting the purchase such as Freight,Discount etc.
Tax and Discount
Not clear how to structure the content
Day Book (to be linked with respective posts)
Purchase Sale Register (to be linked with respective posts)
Ledger Report (to be linked with respective posts)